The Pousadas are much more than just hotels… From mystical castles to beautiful palaces with fantastic views, we can offer you a unique venue with excellent facilities.
Civil ceremonies can generally be performed in the Pousadas. If you would prefer a religious wedding, some Pousadas have their own chapel where a ceremony can be performed or they are located very close to a church.
You will have a dedicated contact at your chosen Pousada who will ensure that your special day is perfect. With a flexible, professional approach, they will work with you on all aspects of your wedding, including recommendations for local hairdressers, make up artists, etc.
Please contact us with your requirements so we can suggest the most suitable Pousada to meet your needs.
A small selection of venues:
Pousada of Tavira
- In a beautiful former convent – historic with a magical feel
- Good location – close to beaches and Faro airport
- Two rooms suitable for reception – seating up to 86 and 240 people
- 36 bedrooms
- Neighbouring church, civil ceremonies can be help in Pousada’s chapel
- Cocktails in pool area and party in chapel
Pousada of Viana do Castelo
- Elegant, early 20th Century hotel with stunning views
- Close to the famous Santa Luzia catholic church
- Three room options for reception dinner – room capacity of 35, 55 or 120 guests
- Reception or cocktails in gardens, terraces or in palatial dining room
- 51 rooms (including 3 suites)
- Close to Porto airport – approx. 40 min drive
Pousada of Obidos
- Stunning medieval castle – often listed in top 10 best European castle hotels
- Beautiful churches within walking distance
- Two room options for reception (seating up to 40 and 60 people). Outdoor reception can seat 120 people.
- 14 double rooms and 3 suites, 9 are located in the castle and 8 in a new wing
- One hour’s drive from Lisbon airport